Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment: Surrealistic Photomontage

Due: December 1st 2014




Cassy Siena

image

HOW to COMPLETE PROJECT:


1. You will need to decide on a theme for your photomontage project. I would like you to write a paragraph based on a theme idea that you have. Some examples of themes could be a memory, dream, social issue, self portrait, and or traveling.
Shagufta Zareen

2.Describe the types of images that you are thinking of using and how you are going to manipulate them to support your theme. Bring in 3 original images, one scanned image and one image from a website. 

 

This final project will require TWO posts. The first will be an explanation of your plan for the image.


 
(Example of POST #1)
Title: Surrealistic Theme For my surreal photomontage I would like to do a self portrait. I really liked the art and portraits of Oleg, the artist i did for my surreal artist. In order to meet the number of images i need in this project Im going to do the self portrait in a mirror, using one image of the back of my head and another of my face in a mirror. That's what i know of that part....as for the next part with the other pictures were I have two idea and Im not sure which I prefer yet.

1) The mirror will be partially cracked, each little section of the cracked mirror will have another image of something nice and warm and outside partially see through so that my image is still visible through it. The other side of the mirror will be fine, no cracks or anything. This will represent me in that the half that is intact will be reality, this is me now and what i look like. The cracked half is broken and shows where I want to be and I what I want but cant necessarily get or have so a 'broken' thought I guess.

2) The same idea but this one the image of me and the mirror will have a hand up, one finger out touching. The part were the fingers are touching in the mirror will be rippled like water, distorting the reflection. I will use pictures of water and stuff to make the mirror look watery and reflective.


(Example of POST #2)
Title: "Mirror to the other Side"

And of course, as always, an artist statement. Use this area to explain describe, analyze and interpret your image in comparison with what you had planned, problems you ran into, etc. .
 
 
 
SAVE YOUR FINAL IMAGE IN MAJOR FOLDER AS
LAST_FIRST_SURREAL

No comments:

Post a Comment